Happy New Year?
How weird does that sound? 2022 is over already? It couldn’t possibly be; personally, I feel like time hasn’t been real since I graduated last spring. The wild thing, though, is that so much has happened since then.
In 2022, I….
- Quit my toxic job
- Got a new, even more toxic job
- Lived off of my savings for a while and gave myself time to rest
- Finished college
- Graduated with my Bachelor’s in English Literature
- Flew to Vegas the day after my graduation to watch my best friend get married
- Stood by another friend for life at her wedding the following weekend
- Dealt with family *drama* and home insecurity
- Freaked out and got 2 jobs in a week
- Quit one job kept a new restaurant job
- Moved into a house with my boyfriend and best guy friend
- Went back to my old toxic job as a second job
- Had to learn to deal with residual trauma from home insecurity
- Had a lot of breakdowns
- and finished the year by catching COVID for a 2nd time….
This year was a rollercoaster.
In 2023, I have no idea what life will bring, but I do know I am trusting the process. That’s a hard thing for me to do. But, I know that in life, you take parts of everyone and everyday with you to grow. I plan on taking every part of the last year with me. The joy I had in my unemployment, the passion I rediscovered of writing, the comfort I found in reading, the strength I had and the refusal to fail, all of it. These are important parts of me and who I want to be moving forward.
That said, in 2023, I hope to…
- Focus on myself and my joy
- Read everyday, even if it’s just a little. I took the focus off of reading last year to lessen the stress but it only made me lose my passion
- Make healthy choices that benefit myself
- Write more. Doesn’t matter what it is, write grocery lists as paragraphs, just write more.
- Find the right grad school and start.
- Start a new line of work, doesn’t have to be perfect, but no more serving
- Keep the happy vibes in my relationship ❤
This list isn’t perfect or comprehensive, but it is a start of what I need to focus on this year.
Happy New Year, friends, let’s hope we all survive it together.
Life after college is weird.
When I was a kid, I had a very specific plan for my life. I was going to go to NYU, live in New York, live my life in my 20’s with my cat in a crappy apartment that I would, of course, be able to afford with my wonderful job at a publishing house. If you are also in your 20’s, I think you know where I’m going with this…. Obviously, nothing went according to plan.
Continue reading “what do i want to be now that i’m grown up?” →
Take a shot for every post I start with “Long time, no talk” or “It’s been a while” or even worse, the dreaded “I’m back!” Continue reading “let’s talk burnout” →
Long time, no talk, huh? It feels like it’s been ages.
Continue reading “new year, new me.” →
I come to you with good news: I have officially broken my reading slump!!! It’s been a while, but I am finally in the mood to read, and now, I truly don’t think I’ll be able to stop for the foreseeable future.
Continue reading “Home Fire by Kamila Shamsie (review)” →
Long time, no talk. Sorry about that. I’ve been working basically nonstop since the last day of March, so I’ve been having a rough time reading-wise. Hopefully, it’ll get better from here.
ANYWAYS today we are talking about Dear Martin by Nic Stone. WHAT A READ.
Continue reading “dear martin (review)” →
This WWW Wednesday is sponsored by my awful mental health!!! How exciting!!!! I’m just kidding, but in all seriousness, my mental health hasn’t been the greatest lately so there are a lot of comfort reads featured this week. Unfortunately, this does mean March hasn’t been the best month in terms of diversity and inclusion yet– I do recognize this and will aim to do better in the second half of the month.
Continue reading “www wednesday #4” →
Happy WWW Wednesday!
I know I skipped a couple of weeks which was definitley not the goal, but I am back! My mental health hasn’t been the greatest lately, and that’s okay I’m here and ready to talk about all the stuff I’ve read recently!
Continue reading “www wednesday #3” →
First off, I want to thank Sterling Teen for gifting me this novel!
Continue reading “mortal remains (review)” →